The purpose of this class is to prepare you and your dog to compete in the dog sport of obedience trialling. The content of each session will be chosen according to the needs of the students attending.
Key elements may include:
- Precision heeling, on and off-leash
- Motivated recalls with a formal finish
- Preventing handler errors
- Sit stays and down stays of varying duration with distractions
People who have never trialled before will be given information on how to enter, participate and succeed in a trial. Helpful hints pertaining to the trial such as warm-up exercises, calming and motivating your dog will be covered.
* Participants should have a strong interest in competing in obedience trials.