Have a new puppy? Get things off to a great start with our Puppy Kindergarten Class. Designed for puppies between 8 and 15 weeks of age at the beginning of the session, this class focuses on proper socialization during the most crucial development stage in your dog’s life.
The goals of puppy kindergarten:
- Introduce your puppy to new environments, novel objects and environmental stimuli in a safe environment to reduce the possibility of your pup developing fear-based behaviours
- Get your puppy comfortable with and accustomed to interacting with other dogs, big and small, shy and bold
- Help you learn to read your dog’s body language so you can identify safe and unsafe dog to dog interaction.
- Introduce your puppy to and be handled by unfamiliar people, to prepare them for everything from children rushing to see them and visits to the vet.
- Teach you how to get and maintain your dog’s attention, so that you can clearly communicate your expectations to the dog; this gives the dog the best opportunity to succeed at learning desired behaviours