The purpose of this class is to prepare you and your dog to compete at the Companion Dog (CD) level in an obedience trial.
Key elements will include:
- Precision heeling on and off leash
- Motivated recalls with a formal finish
- Preventing handler errors
- Sit stay for at least 1 minute with distractions
- Down stay for at least 3 minutes with distractions
People who have never trialed before will be given information on how to enter, participate and succeed in a trial. Helpful hints pertaining to the trial such as warm up exercises, calming and motivating your dog will be covered. The instructor will also share her experience trialing at all levels in obedience.
* Participants should have a strong interest in competing in obedience trials.