We have members who compete and earn titles every year. Here are a few helpful hints in interpreting the titles listed below.
- Once a dog has won a title, that title becomes part of his name. The dog’s call name is put at the end of his registered name and is put in quotes. So My Canine Companion CGN “Good Dog” is registered as My Canine Companion; he has earned his CGN title (Canine Good Neighbour) and his family and friends call him Good Dog.
- CH means Champion. Championships are listed before the dog’s registered name. Championships are won for conformation, ie how close the dog’s form is to the standard for the breed. Can/Am CH means the dog has earned both a Canadian and American championship.
- The initials in brackets e.g ., (CKC) refer to the regulating body, e.g., Canadian Kennel Club.
- To understand the process for earning an Obedience championship works, look at our Obedience Terms.
- To understand what the initials mean, see our List of Titles. There are so many new dog sports that this list may not contain all the titles so when in doubt, google!
- For most titles, a dog must qualify (meaning achieve a certain score) in three different trials to earn the title. Usually, it takes more than three attempts! In the chart below, the phrase ‘in three straight’ or ‘three in a row’ means that the dog earned his/her title in only three trials.
- See Titles Earned in previous years – Titles Earned 2015 Titles Earned 2014 Titles Earned 2013 Titles Earned 2012 Titles Earned 2011
Titles Earned 2016
|NYOC Member||Dog’s Registered Name, Call Name, and Breed||Titles and Honours won in 2016||Photo|
|Marie-P Babin||MBPISS BPIS BISS GCh. Castlegar Elroy At Autumwynd PCD CGN RN RI
“Elroy” Labrador Retriever
|Conformation Championship, Grand Champion. PCD CGN RN RI (all gold)|
|Marie Babin||Alt-Ch. Ch. Autumwynd Frankie Starlite CDX RE TD CGN SDDA-SD-A
“Frankie” Labrador Retriever
|Claudia Brabazon||Staghorn’s Black Magic RN
“Magic” Labrador Retriever
|RN (in three straight)|
|Janet Chau|| Bodeswell Barnaby Jones CGN PCD
“Barnaby” Chinese Crested
|PCD (in three straight)|
|Laura Dawson|| Enchantment’s Avenger PCD RN CGN CARO CRN
“Banner” Miniature Poodle
|Eileen Fisher||Goldencol’s Karamel Delight WC TD PCD RN RI CGN
“Kara” Golden Retriever
|CGN RI RA (in three straight)|
|Elaine Ford||Ch. Carolot I C Is Having A Ceili CDX TD RE
“Kaeleigh” Golden Retriever
|Dee Harrison||GCh, U-Ch. U-RO1 Dinsdale Tarot of Greylog RE, PCD, CGN “Tarot” Std Schnauzer||Grand Champion, RE|
|Dee Harrison||Ch. U-Ch. U- RO1 Skansen’s Greylog Wild Card RE, RI, AKC RA, CGN
“Chance” Std. Schnauzer
|RI (in three straight)|
|Marie Houghton||Cantope Hudson Houghton CGN, PCD, CD, RN
“Hudson” Std. Poodle
|Iris Jackson||Ch. Stuttgart’s Royal Jubilee, CGN, PCD, RN
“Simon” German Shepherd Dog
|Ch. PCD CGN RN (in three straight)|
|Irene Mullan||OTCH Thistledoon On The Road Again PCD CDI RE AGN CGN N-JWW I-JWW Am. CDX UKC CD SG ADC
“Roady” Golden Retriever
|OTCH RE (in three straight) CKC AGIJ AKC NA & NAJ (both 3 straight) AAC AGN, SG|
|Irene Mullan||Batik Simply Amazing NTD
|NTD (Novice Trick Dog)|
|Sharon Palmer||Jubilee Dark Side of the Moon CD, FDCH-s, RAE, CRXMCL, CRXT, CRS, AGMX, AGXJ, NP, JS-N, MSCDC, Bronze Award of Merit, ExStB, ExJB, ExScB, VBA, ExGS, ExST, IP, AKC, HT, CKC HA, HA-ds, SDI, HTT, AHBA HTADII-s, HTADI-d, HTDI-d, TT, CA, DOT, SPOT-ON, CGN AHBA HRD111 CKC CA IP
“Sky” Shetland Sheepdog
|Ch., WTCH, ATChC, C-ATCH, U-CD, UR03, UAGII, VTCH, VCX|
|Anne Passafiume||Ch. Charbr Dancing by the Sea CDX, RAE, TD, AGN, AGNJ, CGN
“Charleston” Portuguese Water Dog
|Joan Ticknor||Wiladon JoEd’s Silver Serenade CD CDI. RE ANJ-Vet AIJ-Vet AKC RE OA OAJ NF AAC. ADC AADC SGDC CGN
“Seren” Toy Poodle
|Joan Ticknor||Ch. Lyn-Del Aberwyn Enchanted Ceilidh RE CD CGN AKC Ch. CD CGN
“Keira” Miniature Poodle
|CD (in three straight)|
|Daniela Zanini||Ch. Classical’s In the Limelight RN CGN
“Chaplin” Bearded Collie